Rising Stars Spring League – 2018
Western New York’s First and ONLY spring youth league for boys in grades 1 – 6
Now in its sixth year, the Rising Stars Spring League (The RSSL) continues to stay true to its original goal of being a positive, family/player friendly league while also challenging the kids in a competitive setting. At its inception, the RSSL set out to create a youth lacrosse league without the parental, coaching, officiating and other stresses on young kids and their families.
- The first 4 practices will be at Sahlen’s Sports Park for ALL locations (March 18, 25, April 8 & 15)
- 5 weeks of games will take place at Nichols (April 22, 29, May 6, 13 & 20)
- The last week, June 3 will be a Jamboree at TBA, times TBA
- An RSSL T-Shirt for every participant!!!
- Boys: boys stick, helmet, shoulder pads, gloves, elbow pads, mouth piece, athletic cup (strongly recommended)
- First 4 practices will be at Sahlen’s Sports Park (March 18, 25, April 8 & 15). Weeks 5-9 (April 22, 29, May 6, 13, 20) will take place at the Nichols School.
- Sunday Game Dates: April 22, 29, May 6, 13, 20 & June 3 (June 3 is a league wide Jamboree at TBA, times TBA) (LOCATIONS, DATES & TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- All teams & locations are subject to change based on registration numbers
- Age Groups & Sunday Times:
- BOYS (grades 1-2) – (10:00am – 11:00am)
- BOYS (grades 3-4) – (11:15am – 12:30pm)
- BOYS (grades 5-6) – (12:45pm – 2:00pm)
- Each NEW player must purchase a reversible jersey for ($20). Jerseys are unique to the location you register at.
Additional RSSL Information
The BLA Values:
- Family first
- Strong Structure
- Character building
- Building individual confidence
- Developing a passion for lacrosse
- Family Friendly:
- The Buffalo Lacrosse Academy offers a full-time staff to assist all your needs.
- Sundays only to avoid the busy work week. Practice time schedule prior to the games.
- Convenient travel for families with multiple kids. The entire location’s age groups travels as a group to play.
- No Mandatory Volunteering! (talk about an oxymoron)
- An on-site League Coordinator
- No Politics & No out of control coaches and parents!
- Controlled environment with all teams be coached equally, teams adjusted on game-day as needed to ensure balance and competitive game
- Returning players do not need to pay for a new jersey.
- Player Friendly
- Appropriate playing levels: age groups have some flexibility to best fit the player! Players may be asked by league directors and coordinators can play up or down depending on physical and skill levels to ensure their greatest development
- No Tryouts! Everyone Plays Every Game!
If weather dictates a cancellation that date will NOT be made up due to facility and schedule limitations.
The BLA does not allow financial hardship to be a reason for someone not to participate in any of our programs. If you require financial assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org